5.13.2007

What it came to...


Oh man. This was sincerely the worst it had ever been... but I can't believe I let it get THIS FAR!!! After I mowed and mowed... and mowed at much the following pace - mow 2 ft, mower stops, unclog mower, mow 2 ft, mower stops, unclog mower, lather, rinse, repeat. Raise wheels, mow 5 feet, hear mower bogging down, pull back, mower regains strength, mow 5 feet, hear mower bogging down, pull back, begin again - I got the lawn completed to a reasonable, neighborly standard... but not completely before I could take this picture... just because, well, who would believe me. Probably most, actually, knowing how good I am at not worrying about it. "Eh, Whatever"

This particular patch was the largest of them all at about 2ft. 2 FT! There was a rabbit's nest in the middle. Squirrels were having trouble clearing the reeds and blades as they frolicked. I enjoyed watching this wildlife display. Made me laugh.

The reality is my lawn mower has been broken. Which is fine if it's winter. It is not winter any longer. A broken mower is no longer fine. I borrowed a friend's. They took it back.

So... the moral of this story... always fix a broken lawnmower because you never know how fast your grass will grow.

2 comments:

The Maxeys said...

Jenn - we've so been there. I am laughing...

cris said...

jenn--how are you? i just discovered i was linked to from your blog. what a funny world. do you still have my email? i've lost yours (i think? i could be wrong...i've lost track of a lot now that i have 2 very small people in my house and have had 2 laptops with mucho info stolen. ah well. anyway, email me if you have mine. i'd love to hear what you are up to.