7.18.2006



I cannot stop listening to this CD.

My first exposure to Imogen was in the group Frou Frou a couple years ago. Then I heard her song "Hide and Seek" and was sold. I can't pick up enough of her stuff. But this CD in particular is amazing. It's the kind of music you listen to that has you finding new things everytime you do. There are so many layers to her music. And it has a kind of magical charm to it... it glows. That's the best I can come up with. Somewhat cheesy, but there really is this sort of effervescent quality to it.

A guy at West Music (same home sort of feel as Dick Blick... if these guys go under, I'm through with it all) and I now speak of her everytime I go it. One day he said "You've got to have more of her stuff" so he gave me Frou Frou's "Details" CD. (Just like when Dick Blick offered me coffee). And now it's a cornucopia of Imogen.

I guess her shows are amazing. She reproduces all of herself solo. Amazing. So if you hear she's anywhere near you, let me know... I'll be taking a road trip.

7 comments:

kate debaene said...

this is a great cd. i first heard it on npr, and then a friend gave it to me. unfortunately i lost the cd, but that is why you've gotta love the itunes back-up.

Anonymous said...

It's safe to say I am obsessed with Imogen. "The Walk" is pretty much on repeat in my car right now. Her songs are so raw and emotional. Frou Frou's "Let Go" is also good. I can't wait til she comes out with her next album.

Jenn Swift said...

I LOVE "the walk" That's the one I can't take off repeat either!!! I need to listen to it right now.

Todd and Micah said...

Well, I was curious to see whether Imogen was as good as you said, so I went out and bought her CD. I'm a fan! Although my favorite on the CD would have to be "Goodnight and Go". I like them all though. She's pretty amazing to be able to do all that by herself. Thanks for the excellent music pick Jen :)
Micah

Trisha Tschopp said...

Jenn, I do not have this cd.

I have not even heard the samples I could easily listen to on certain select websites with streaming audio.

I am not cool. The End.

Deb said...

just wanted to let you know I stopped by.

Josh Garlow said...

I caved into the pressure. It's downloading now. I'll let you know what I think. From the iTunes preview, it's sounds pretty fly.